[geeks] I really don't get it ...

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Tue Oct 22 15:09:55 CDT 2002

Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
 > Mike Hebel wrote:
 >

 >> That is until you have no place to grow the bio part of the
 >> bio-diesel.  Or until the fast-food companies figure out that there
 >> is money to be made in the grease that they're disposing via the
 >> owners of "veggie van"(s).  The best bet IMHO is some sort of H2O
 >> -> Hydrogen production using efficient solar.  That at least would
 >> produce a semi-renewable fuel.  Until it goes mainstream for years
 >> and then mis-adjusts something in our atmosphere.  Then again maybe
 >> by that time we'll be bred for life in that environment. ;-)
 >>

 > Umm. Could water mis-adjust something in our atmosphere? Maybe I am
 > reading that wrong.

No, you read it right.  I'm one of those nuts who doesn't like large
systems that are currently working messed with so when I look at any
large system I immediately assume that all the small changes will most
likely make something big change regardless of how far away from A to B
the changes are.  Kind of like a box-elder bug in a VME bus - it _will_
short something when a board is pulled/installed.  There is no if.

With the H2O thing I don't have enough data to judge what an increase in
the atmospheric moisture would do over time. IANAC (I Am Not A
Climatologist - or whatever the proper term is.)  but I look at a larger
amount of moisture as a slightly denser atmosphere, thus affecting
sunlight, thermal retention, and other unknowns.

We don't know enough about the system yet to "hack the planet". ;-)

Mike Hebel