[geeks] I really don't get it ...

Thomas Gallaway (wireless) tgallaway at comcast.net
Tue Oct 22 10:04:43 CDT 2002

Well I spin records since over 8 Years and trust me there is more than
just putting the record on and put up the volume. There is WAY more
stuff than that. Not everybody can spin and you know what lots of good
dj's spin their own music. Just look at d&b artists which some spin 50%
of thwe night their own records. Also called Dubplates. I personally
don't spin a lot own shit but made it a art to spin stuff interacting
with the audience. This is an art also. Crowd controll... But hey if you
think it's that easy your wrong!
BTW I used to be a underground dj and party promoter and I think what I
do is not to put on the same level like gas attendent!!!! I kinda feel
insulted by that.
Do you know what it takes to choose the right track in the right spot?
Ever saw a dj clear the dancefloor? Ever saw a DJ getting bottles thrown
at him?
If you want to see a good example of kickass dj go to a ninjatune show.
They do magic with records.