[geeks] Im BAAAAA-aaack!!

Chris Byrne IV chris at chrisbyrne.com
Mon Oct 21 05:36:35 CDT 2002

> WooHoo!!  Good to see you back among the land of the living!  I was
starting
> to wonder when we might see you around here again :)

Glad to be back. Its going to take me three to six months to dig out of
the hole I've slipped into over the last year, but Im looking forward
to not having to dig upwards.

> Ah well, they're one of the better PeeCee makers out there - IMO,
>anyway.  I
> personally like thier servers and workstations, when using x86-based
> hardware, though I unsderstand I may be in the minority.  I still
prefer
> SGI, Sun, and Apple ahrdware though...

I agree with all those point. Actually they're pretty much the only BIG
pc maker left who I'd touch with a ten foot pole at the moment. I'd
never buy one for my personal use but for a business they're great
machines, and some of their mid range and high end servers actually
kick ass

> Got laid off in April with about 30 minutes of severance pay, moved
>750
> miles to take a job at a pay cut - but still managed to come out on
>top
> after making 150% on my house and renting a condominium for less than
>my
> previous mortgage.  I also (finally, after years of pussyfooting)
managed to
> get my C&R FFL.  I'm also back home in Ohio, where I belong.

So I guess, I'm sorry that sucks, and WOOHOO!!! respectivley

Sounds like youve bounced back pretty well