[geeks] Im BAAAAA-aaack!!

Chris Byrne IV chris at chrisbyrne.com
Mon Oct 21 04:29:50 CDT 2002

> DUDE! Your working for Dell!
> Sounds like a cool gig. I know I'd enjoy it.

Well thus far it seems to be OK. Basically I'm glorified tech support
which is a job I could do in my sleep... actually have done in my sleep
now that I think about it.

The people I work with are cool, the benefits are great, the money is
shit etc... etc... Basically all the joys of being employee number
124907 in a multinational corporation.

The first three weeks after I was hired I literally did nothing but sit
around, listen in on phone calls and surf the CBT/WBT. In the fourth
week I actually got a desk, a pc, and a phone. THat wasnt the plan BTW,
that's jsut how long it took them to do anything. I finally got my
badge a few days ago.

But now that Im actually working things are looking up. And hell,
friday I actually start getting paid which is always a good thing.