[geeks] Jaguar/Wallstreet

Leo Green leo at nurgle.net
Mon Oct 14 17:05:21 CDT 2002

I've never heard of this problem exactly...

Let me see if I understand whats happening, exactly.
As soon as the CD boots, the backlight goes off, but the install still
continues, and you can still see the screen, although its very dark,
correct?  I also assumed you tried to hit the display buttons on the
keyboard, and nothing happined.

Now I know that some of the wallstreets had issues with the little
magnetic sensor thingy that would kep it from waking up from  "sleep" even
though the case
was open.  You might want to try waving a small magnet over the sensor and
see if it wakes up.

Also, how big of a HD does this guy have? Has it been upgraded past 8gb?