[geeks] Mensa

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 7 22:06:55 CDT 2002

--- "Michael A. Turner" <mturner at whro.org> wrote:
> 	Oct. 19th is Mensa's day of testing. I am thinking of going and
> taking a swing at this test just to see how I do. Has anyone else
> on the list taken the test? Are their any members of mensa here?
> I am curious if it is worth my time to join, do they do anything
> and is it any fun?

Mensa is a club where the members all share exactly *one* attribute -
ask yourself, how important is that one attribute to you? Do you define
yourself by that attribute? Are friends impressed by this one attribute
of yours? Do you do any activities that focus on only this one
attribute?

As a tall fellow (6' 4"), I was once single, and went to a "Moonrakers"
Single club function, and it was a huge let down - one of the few
things that make me stood out was my height, and being surrounded by so
many others who *shared* my "stature" was odd, and unsuccessful.

Ultimately, I met my future wife the old fashined way - at a high
school homecoming party at a local bar about 8 yrs after my graduation
(BTW, my wife is 5' 2",a nd just perfect! ;^)

Lionel

=====
Lionel