[geeks] colored triangles in postscript

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Tue Nov 26 21:04:32 CST 2002

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>OK, this isn't really my own work, but I finally figured out how to do
>what I want to do.  Check out

>http://cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/test2.pdf
>and for the .ps code that was used to create that:
>http://cs.millersville.edu/~jdboyd/test2.ps
>(I'm on a windows machine that I can't install ghostview on, so I
>convert my code to PDFs, which I can view).

>I think that the subdivision in gouraudtriangle needs to be turned up a
>bit.  I extracted this sample from a document SGI wrote, and they
>apparently, got it from someone else who released it for free.

>So, on to writing my global illumination solver with postscript
>preview.  Well, not really right now since I have too much else to do,
>but I am happy to have this working.

You might be interested in this guy's postscript hackery:

	http://www.phys.uu.nl/~thooft/

(Actually, everything he does is interesting, but he seems to be
going in the same direction with postscript as you are.)

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------- When Heaven is full, the dead shall walk the earth. -----------