[geeks] Postscript question

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Nov 19 16:34:59 CST 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Sigh.  I mean, I have a box like this:
>
> R--P--G
> |     |
> Q     |
> |     |
> B-----Y

Oh!  You want OpenGL-style vertex blending!

To do this in PostScript, you much construct your square from many short
line segments, and do the gradient calculations and segment calculations
iteratively.

I did a similar sort of iteration to construct a generic "function
grapher" in PostScript.  I can post the (unoptimized, I'm sure) code, if
you want to see how something like that would be done.

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "Albert Einstein nailed space-time, but the wild thing had him stumped.