[geeks] Postscript question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Nov 19 15:06:41 CST 2002

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 03:56:03PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> How do you define "corner"?
>
> In PostScript a corner is just a point (in the true geometry sense).  It
> can't have a colour (though of course a single pixel will overlay a
> point and so that one pixel could have a colour).  Only the lines
> joining points, or the areas between sets of points, can have colours.

Sigh.  I mean, I have a box like this:

R--P--G
|     |
Q     |
|     |
B-----Y

Now, there are four infinately small points in space that make up each
of the corners as you say.  Any pixel that happens to fall on the line
between the R corner and the G corner should be the appropriate blend of
red and green.  So, the pixel @ P would have a color something like 0.5,
0.5, 0 in the RGB color space, and the pixel that lands on point Q would
be something like, 0.5, 0, 0.5 in the RGB color space, etc.

And to accomplish this, I'm guessing I need some form a gradiant, but I
can't find the information on how to do any form of gradiant, let alone
the one I want here.

--
Joshua D. Boyd