[geeks] Grr

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Nov 14 23:47:41 CST 2002

Need more reliable hardware.  After trying difference combinations of
things, I've come to the conclusion that the internal port on my scsi
card doesn't work.  I take a known good drive and cable from my sisters
machine, and it doesn't work on mine (even though both machines have the
same card), when I put it back, it still works on hers.  My previously
not known good cable and drive work fine in her computer, but not mine.
So, I'm now compiling in Adaptec 2940 support so that I can add a second
SCSI interface (believed to be good, but the computer it is in failed,
and I never figured out why), and hope that works.

--
Joshua D. Boyd