[geeks] SGI freeware libraries N32

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Nov 14 14:40:09 CST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 02:25:14PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > Isn't most of the SGI freeware supposed to come in both O32 and N32
> > versions?  I'm having trouble with gcc not finding a n32 version of
> > gdbm, but it seems to find N32 versions of everything else.
>
> Do you, perchance have -L/usr/freeware/lib in LDFLAGS?  It should be
> -L/usr/freeware/lib32.  */lib carry O32 libs, */lib32 carry N32, and
> */lib64 carry N64.

I can't tell if /usr/freeware/lib was in the LDFLAGS.  I've added lib32
to the LDFLAGS in hopes that gmake takes that to superscede whatever
other it had.  I'm compiling this as N32 since I can find any docs
saying whether it is 64bit safe or not.

Anyway, that made it compile properly.  It just bus errors on
execution.  I've send email to the maintainers asking about that.

--
Joshua D. Boyd