[geeks] SGI freeware libraries N32

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Nov 14 14:25:14 CST 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Isn't most of the SGI freeware supposed to come in both O32 and N32
> versions?  I'm having trouble with gcc not finding a n32 version of
> gdbm, but it seems to find N32 versions of everything else.

Do you, perchance have -L/usr/freeware/lib in LDFLAGS?  It should be
-L/usr/freeware/lib32.  */lib carry O32 libs, */lib32 carry N32, and
*/lib64 carry N64.

Having so many ABIs on a platform is a pain.  I can't wait until I
finish making all my boxes as 64-bit pure as possible.

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "Albert Einstein nailed space-time, but the wild thing had him stumped.