[geeks] Apple vs. Sun

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Nov 6 20:31:45 CST 2002

[ On Wednesday, November 6, 2002 at 19:54:09 (-0600), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Apple vs. Sun
>
> On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 08:48:12PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > Does anyone else remember those Apple adverts way back in the early very
> > late 1970's, IIRC, with the crisped Apple ][?  They claimed it was still
> > functional (all but the keyboard), though it had been through a fire and
> > had even dropped through the floor into the basement or some such.... :-)
>
> I remember an Okidata Microline (82? 92? 93? etc) printer ad.

I think I remember that one too -- it definitely came after the Apple ad.

Something in the recesses of my memory makes me think it may have been
in the September 1977 Scientific American Special Issue On
Microelectronics (where I first learned about Smalltalk and Cray
computers too!  a most amazing issue!)

If not it most likely would have been in some issue of SA -- Apple
advertised frequently in that magazine back in the early days.

I think I still have a copy of it somewhere around here, but it's
probably still in a box and may still be in the garage....  :-(

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>