[geeks] Apple vs. Sun

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Nov 6 19:54:09 CST 2002

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 08:48:12PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Does anyone else remember those Apple adverts way back in the early very
> late 1970's, IIRC, with the crisped Apple ][?  They claimed it was still
> functional (all but the keyboard), though it had been through a fire and
> had even dropped through the floor into the basement or some such.... :-)

I remember an Okidata Microline (82? 92? 93? etc) printer ad.

Said printer had either been through a at an Oklahoma auto repair
shop.  After it dried out, after being submerged for *days*, it worked
fine.

Okidata bought it from the guy, gave him a brand new one, and used the
soggy one in their magazine ads for a while.

(this would have been at least 10 years ago, if not more..)

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net