[geeks] Misuse of Java

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Nov 6 13:59:53 CST 2002

woods at weird.com (Greg A. Woods) wrote:

> spikes on Sat. AM.  It's currently fed by a pair of Mac OS X boxes
> fronted by a "pen"(*) load balancer running on a measly little
> single-CPU Pentium-II 300MHz machine with a single 100baseT/FDX

I tried pen a few years ago and found it didn't work quite right - for some
reason packets were getting dropped.  Would you mind giving some insight
into configuration, Greg.  I'm a point at my current employer where a load
balancer would be a nice addition - but my budget won't (can't) support a
commercial offering like Big-IP.  Mostly, I'm looking for 'proper'
configuration methods that would allow me to run a couple of IPs on the pen
box, and support about 4 different websites behind it.  Any pointers to info
appreciated.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com