[geeks] FDDI

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Nov 5 18:00:40 CST 2002

On Tuesday, November 5, 2002, at 06:56 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> You can't put your PC on FDDI?  You can't put one or more of your SGIs
> on FDDI (the octane and O2 might be tricky, but the Indigo2s shouldn't
> be too hard)?  You can't put any other PCI machines running free OSs on
> FDDI?

   Excellent advice.

> You could always help contribute to the cause of getting an open SMT
> implementation written,

   Linux has a software SMT implementation in its source tree, intended
for use with certain [very nice] SysKonnect PCI FDDI cards.  It would
only need to be ported.

>  or to getting Cresendo drivers written.  I've
> heard people offer to work on cresendo support if someone would send
> them the cards

   Really?  I have a box full of those cards.  I'd happily send them
somewhere to get drivers written.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                  "Mmmm, big."
St. Petersburg, FL                -Den