[geeks] living cheap (moved from rescue@)

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Nov 4 09:49:59 CST 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> TCP SpringLamp, I think.  I'll double-check.
>
> I pay about $10-15 each, but, they last for 4-5 years.

I look at it as a method to control my spending in energy; recent times
have shown that we cannot trust energy companies. A prime example (on a
local level) is here in my home district -- Decatur utilities charges less
for electricity than the local electrical CO-OP. Why? Because someone over
at the co-op got the idea to open an `energy store' -- a store you could
buy appliances at that were supposedly more effiecent or some bullshit
like that. Instead, it became a $6 million money-pit and the customers are
being saddled with the load.

Enron is a much larger example, but it just pissed me off to no end. I
wonder how much trouble our water supply is in....

One of these days, I'm going to pull off of the grid. Too bad caves are
too moist for computers. :-(

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"