[geeks] Car and such.

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Fri Mar 29 21:56:30 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 06:45:07PM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> I just spent $800 on my truck between two repair jobs :(
>
> Life is indeed expensive.

I'm about to reassemble my '65 Mustang after it has sat for three years due
to a transmission problem. I finally got peeved enough to work on it. Ring
gear on the flywheel was worn... since I had the transmission out of the
car, I decided to swap in a 5-speed T5.

Clutch kit: $150
Flywheel ring gear and resurfacing: $200
T5 transmission: $400
Bellhousing adapter: $130
Yoke and crossmember: $100
Pilot bearing, release bearing: $40
Shifter handle, knob, and dust boot: $100
New battery: $50

All that for work I didn't even have to do. :) Of course, I'm assuming it
will just turn over after having sat for three years. ;) If not... well,
break out the engine hoist.

David