[geeks] NAT and Filtering on Solaris

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Mar 29 19:56:55 CST 2002

> On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>
> > work?  What sort of differences can I expect when moving from the Linux
> > world of "easy setup, crap performance"?
>
> If you use OpenBSD on a classic or similar, it works quite well.

I really was planning on using Solaris, as I have a nice Solaris box that
will continue to run Solaris, as I need it for a compatibility testbed.
So, it's either the Ultra 10 or the RS/6000.  I think that learning AIX
and then learning NAT and advanced IP trickery on AIX all at once might be
a bit of a big step. :)

Although if I had a Classic or LX handy, I'd probably jump at the chance
to deploy OpenBSD on it.  Can't have too many OSes (or platforms) in the
house at once. :)

--Jonathan