[geeks] Losers.

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Mar 26 16:30:31 CST 2002

On March 26, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> Uhm, the incandescent bulbs flicker at 60Hz (in the US of A), just like
> the fluorescents.  I'm not sure why it's so much more noticable on the
> long fluorescent bulbs than on the CF, or the incandescents.

  It takes incandescent filaments a lot longer to cool down enough to
drop their light output noticeably than it does for the output of the
phosphorescent material inside a fluorescent tube to decay, so the
"valleys" in the light output tend to be much deeper for fluorescent
bulbs.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar