[geeks] Losers.

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue Mar 26 16:28:43 CST 2002

On 26 Mar 2002, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Uhm, the incandescent bulbs flicker at 60Hz (in the US of A), just like
> the fluorescents.  I'm not sure why it's so much more noticable on the
> long fluorescent bulbs than on the CF, or the incandescents.

Probably because the filaments on incandescents give off light because they
are hot, and the 60 hz keeps them hot, so they're not really flickering...

Ever notice it takes a couple seconds for an incandescent to go completely
dark?

I believe that flourescent bulbs actually do cycle on and off (although I
leave plenty of room that I may be incorrect).

--Kurt