[geeks] Losers.

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Mar 26 16:11:35 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 19:44, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Nope - just a crap monitor I think.  The flourescent light might also be
> having an effect - since they also flicker at about 60hz, it's possible
> that they're amplifying the refresh rate and making it more noticible.
> Here at the house it's all incandescant bulbs - so no flicker or buzz.

At a former employer, there was a monitor in an office that flickered
horribly.  after replacing the monitor, it still flickered horribly, so
i figured that interference had to be the problem.  turns out that the
the large transformers (or some sort of large electrical devices) on the
roof of the office caused enough interference to severely screw up the
display.  It ran best at 60hz.  (unfortunately, it was a crappy peecee
with a crappy video card, and couldn't run a decent color
depth/resolution at 120hz)

	-Dan Sikorski