[geeks] Losers.

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Mar 26 18:44:40 CST 2002

David Cantrell wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 07:40:56PM -0800, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > I've got my SSI running 1600x1200_60 and it's quite acceptable on my
> > GDM-4011p.  It seems as if 60hz on this is not quite the same as 60hz on
> > my peecees.  I don't know why, but it just doesn't *seem* like 60hz...
>
> Interlaced vs non-interlaced?

Nope - just a crap monitor I think.  The flourescent light might also be
having an effect - since they also flicker at about 60hz, it's possible
that they're amplifying the refresh rate and making it more noticible.
Here at the house it's all incandescant bulbs - so no flicker or buzz.

If look at the monitor (attached to my Octane) kinda sideways, and cross
my eyes, I can see flickering - but not while looking directly at it.

Kurt