[geeks] Early pix of new den setup...

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Mon Mar 25 01:46:29 CST 2002

On Sunday, March 24, 2002, at 11:34 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Not bad, dare I ask what that cost?

Surplus from a local place.  $50. :-)

> I'm going to eventually redo my "computer room" with stuff from here,
> or things very similar:
>
> http://www.sonrisafurniture.com/vintage/

Very nice.  I like stuff like that, but I need room for the toys.  Dunno
what my Sun count is, but I'm up to 28 Macs. (I think).

It's fun getting stuff that used to be *really* expensive for next to
nothing.  I remember when the IIfx was released, I was wishing I had
$10K to blow on one.  I got this one for free, spent all of $16
upgrading it to 32M of RAM, and swapped out the failing 160M HD for a
500M from my stack.

Best new toy, tho, is a free Mac SE with the *original* vintage 1987
HD-20SC in it.  It works fine after a reformat, and makes that cool
sound that only external stepper-motor drives can make.  Ahhh,
memories.  Now I just need to replace the flaky 800K drive.  (It's a
non-FDHD SE, and I want to keep it that way.)

Ya know, system 6 is still cool...

-Pete