[geeks] Massively parallel... cheap?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Mar 25 01:09:56 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 02:02:51AM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> If he can break the large matrix for the neural net into 4x4 ones, then
> Altivec would definately usefull.  Are things like Altivec usefull when
> working with that don't easily subdivide?

Why not just Seti at Home style distributed computing with people off the
geeks/rescue lists?  I'm sure we all have hardware to spare... 8-)

Heck, I've got a G4 Mac that sits idle most of every day, as well as a
pair of Sunblade 1000s, another 440mhz/2meg UltraSPARC IIi system, and
a pair of 850Mhz Windows boxes...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford