[geeks] Me + Dog

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Mar 25 00:18:59 CST 2002

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Amy wrote:
> he thinks he still weighs what he did as a puppy when we got him...a
> whopping 20lb lap-dog.

Except for the fact that he is an order of magnatude heavier.

We used to have a miniature schnauzer; now we have a beagle that is a
little larger than the mini was. Schnauzers are cool -- they have been
known to ignore you and sometimes just get right in your face when they
want attention. It's a German dog that has to be groomed because they
don't shed (a plus to those allergic to loose animal hair).

I miss ours; she was a real piece of work. I could never do it again
though -- I don't have the time to spend training another dog that we did
with her.

Our first dog, the mini-schnauzer taugh us that intelligence is truly a
great thing to have. Our second dog (the beagle) taught us that ignorance
is bliss. She's totally unaware of the fact that she can't do things she
once did before -- like run around forever and play [she has congestive
heart failure]. I'll see about getting some pictures up; they'll convince
you she's the stupidest dog or at last the stupidest looking dog on the
planet.

Ever seen the Ice Age trailer where the squirell gets wide eyed and
twiches his eyelid? My dog looks like that sometimes.