[geeks] I want one...

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Mar 24 11:04:09 CST 2002

Amy wrote:

> you almost have to take cost into account...those things are marketed for
> the cutesy vintage imac loving, starbucks sipping crowd that wants a toy
> for reasonable price.

But that's not my demographic, so the marketing is irrelevant. I've
never seen an ad for the Honda scooter we're discussing, and probably
never will. Never seen one for the Indian either, but I KNOW it's there,
waiting for me.

>> $22,995
>
> personally, i wouldnt pay that much for something with only two wheels.

I would, if it's an Indian Chief, and I had the $$$.

> but then, i don't like the idea of laying down a bike going 80mph either
> :)

Nor do I. Life insurance makes it a little less irresponsible of me, I
think.

> my scooter suits me. it currently gets about 100 feet to the gallon, and
> was good value for the money.

Why such lousy mileage? You can do something about that, you know.

---sambo