[geeks] Opinions and a question.

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Mar 24 10:48:57 CST 2002

Firstly... the question

How does one set 24bit high resolution graphics on a Crimson?  What I
have so far looks to be 8 bit as a default

Secondly the gathering opinions.

What is the maximum temperature that a computer room containing a
Crimson should run at long term with no damage possible assuming that
fans inside the Crimson work just as they should and the case is closed
properly with the proper air flow?

I have no AC... last night the computer room was at 82 F.  I opened a
window behind the machine (elevated) and put in a box fan... and then
opened another window at a right angle and with a smaller opening.  The
box fan blows out... the other window is the intake.  I turned off our
heat register in said room.  Morning this half of the house was 74 F...
much better... but I know when summer rolls in it won't be pretty.  Does
it really matter with this class of machines if it is 75-95 F? (aren't
they old enough (run cool enough) and well designed enough to not
care?)  My other machines don't seem to. (Dual PPro, Powermac G3, Sparc
LX, Quadra 840, etc... ) but this machine is in a whole different
ballpark.

Andrew