[geeks] Re: [rescue] Re: Sad end to SGI Power Challenge XL story

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Thu Mar 21 21:56:37 CST 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> O.K., let me clarify.  I *really* hate SGI.

they make ok t-shirts and their system facade design is far short of what
apple does. the new logo sucks, shoulda kept the old one. from what i've
seen, sgi just didn't keep up with the world around them (except in the
wrong places with the wrong ideas).

> They stole a good chunk of my life.

how's this?

> They also killed Cray.

not as long as there are a million men with a few thousand dollars of
stock cashed out to buy the old pre-sgi ones and parade them around for
dick value and entertainment ;)

--a