[geeks] perl question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Mar 21 10:30:28 CST 2002

Okay.  I've got Perl 5.6.1 installed.  However, I'm trying to compile
mod_perl as a DSO, and it tells me this:

root at ohno:/usr/local/src/mod_perl-1.26> perl Makefile.PL USE_APXS=1 WITH_APXS=/www/apache/bin/apxs EVERYTHING=1
Will configure via APXS (apxs=/www/apache/bin/apxs)
************* ERROR *************

  Your current configuration will most likely trigger core dumps, suggestions:
   *) Do not configure mod_perl as a DSO
   *) Rebuild Perl without malloc pollution (Configure -Ubincompat5005)

Question is, can I recompile Perl with the -Ubincompat5005 and *not* lose
all the modules that I've already installed?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net