[geeks] flashback

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 20 11:48:18 CST 2002

At work I just discovered a stash of pc magazine, network computing, byte
and other rags that go back to 1993. Its like my life flashing before my
eyes.

Some things I noticed:
Ideas that I thought had no "wings" back then proved my point.
We are still talking about the same old shit.
Microsoft still has the same set of old problems they did in the beginning.
The "network computer" idea just wont die.
They were trying to "reinvent/alter/invigorate" the internet from the
beginning.
Some ideas that we think are new were floated back in the early 90's and
floundered until some big company was looking for something new to sell.

They are great fun to read. Kinda like reading old copies of 73 magazine or
the home electronics mags.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751