[geeks] New Suit Trends

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Mar 19 08:52:29 CST 2002

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020318/wr_nm/tech_internet_security_dc_1&cid=582

Argh.  I know that some people argue that workplace are for working, not
internetting (there, I performed a suit-speak, turned a noun into a verb), but
it seems to me that with a sane firewall, it is a cheap way to keep workers
happy, and if they are productive enough (would I be more productive w/o
internet access?  Probably not.  Would I be less productive?  perhaps), who
cares?  But then, maybe my view is skewed from years of places that expect
results, not just me putting in my time.

--
Joshua D. Boyd