where to find oldish pc's (was: Re: [geeks] Help with MCSE)

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Sun Mar 17 13:30:57 CST 2002

note: i probably should have turned down the "filthy" rhetoric in last
post, sorry.

> Ya, you noticed the same thing I did - new PCs are so damn cheap
> sometimes it's not worth dicking around with fixing or aquiring old
> ones.
>
> You must be looking in different places than I.  I've been picking up
> 350MHz - 400MHz PIIs for $70.  Granted they only have 64MB of RAM, but
> that's cheap, and I've already got a bunch laying around :)

Yeah, I must be looking in the wrong place. Where can I find these
machines at those prices? Perhaps telling me offlist if youre willing to
so as to not deplete resources. I've always found ebay prices to be
overinflated (and sometimes in excess of retail price, as in the case of
powerbooks!).

thanks,
alex

--