[geeks] Help with MCSE

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Mar 17 14:39:59 CST 2002

> Hm. Okay, this brings up a couple questions. I was thinking emachine,
> which is a celeron ghz give or take. Problem is, they go for $300. The
> pII machines ebay all seem to go for in the neighborhood of $200. This
> seems ridiculous. Any ideas how I can put together a small lan of filthy
> windows machines on the cheap? I mean ideally, it would seem to me that
> for $500 give or take, I could pull together 3 or 4 windows clients and
> maybe a faster p3 or celeron class machine to be her primary machine.

I ran Windows 2000 on PPro 200 with decent results for a while - then
something died in that machine and I haven't had a chance to figure out
what.

The servers, as long as they're used for testing and you don't expect to
do serious "workstation" stuff on 'em could certainly run Win2k Server
with a 200Mhz proc.  Dunno about Win-XP, I've never touched it.

Kurt