[geeks] ADMINISTRIVIA: Changes to mail delivery policies

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Thu Mar 14 17:30:24 CST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> Bill made a number of changes to his mail server configuration.  One of
> them has so far reduced the amount of a certainly type crap he has to
> deal with.  The other will not do anything at all to stop one of the
> worst other types of crap he has complained about.  Not all types of
> crap hit the fan at the same time or from the same direction.
> While I do care in some way for the other people who make use of Bill's
> generous services, what I'm really worried about is that eventually a
> worse type of crap is going to hit the fan and fling itself directly at
> Bill in such a way that he gets extremely pissed off about something not
> working the way he wanted it to work.  Then all kinds of crap are going
> to hit the fan from all kinds of directions and we're all going to get a
> little of it right in the eye.

there's an old phrase that says something about not crossing bridges until
you come upon them. i think it applies here.

now, i believe in fair warnings and i'm gonna give you a healthy one. for
your own good, i'd drop this entire load of crap now--not because of me,
but because of bill and the others. right now bill is about as mad as i
have ever seen him and the others have begun sending quite a bit of mail
complaining about your stubborn nature on this subject and begging us to
step in and order it dropped completely.

i'm asking that it stops now, 'cause while i can guarantee you my reaction
to it (amusement/apathy), i cannot and will not guarantee bill's and trust
me, if i know him, it won't be fun, pretty, or nice when it comes up and
blindsides you.

--a