[geeks] OH YEAH

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Mar 14 16:26:05 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 01:51:46PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I agree 100%...but keep in mind, workstations are used for much more
> than just rendering.  As a matter of fact, of all the people I know
> who use workstations either at home or at work, I think only two or
> three of them do any rendering at all...and you're one of them. :)

It is a real waste to do lots of rendering on a workstation.  Put that on
a machine with no head.

Yeah, I know that most people do other things with their workstations.  It
just bugs the heck out of me when Sun starts talking about take that SGI,
and they talk about how their machines are good for DCC (market speak meaning
digital content creation, which is stupid because even a C64 is good for
creating digital content, assuming you are a writer or such).

--
Joshua D. Boyd