[geeks] RE: [rescue] satellite internet service

Tom Borton tborton at usa.net
Wed Mar 13 18:17:44 CST 2002

Here's a slightly painful idea for you to present in theory to see if
they can argue it: if you have line-of-sight from the house to the
property edge, you could set up two wireless access points.  One at the
property edge in the shed, one at the house, preferably in a window
facing the access point at the property line.  1200ft is a stretch but
possible - the Linksys WAP11 runs in "infrastructure mode" to support a
wireless bridge at up to 500m.

The point being in fact that, once they terminate the cable line at your
access point, you can then run your own line to their termination point.
Even if they don't support the access point/router/firewalls as far as
connectivity through them, they almost certainly accept them as
termination points.

Tom