[geeks] car question (RESOLVED)

Peter Street peter.street at lazerfx.co.uk
Tue Mar 12 02:51:47 CST 2002

Behalf
> Of Amy
> Sent: 11 March 2002 23:28
> To: 'geeks at sunhelp.org'
> Subject: RE: [geeks] car question (RESOLVED)
>
> On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Fogg, James wrote:

<Snip>
> so we went and got a new battery just to see what would happen in
order to
> staunch the loss of hair from now until thursday (payday, when a
battery
> wouldve been more affordable).

<Snip>

> yes indeedy, i am one happy, relieved woman...at least til i write a
300$
> check to midas on thurs. ;)

$300!  Ouch - you got ripped of on that battery!  I just had a new
battery *fitted* in my car, just a bog standard 12v car battery
including fitting, and it cost me #35 (GBP if you come from an
arseaboutface country where it doesn't show decent money signs).  If I'd
have needed the chap to come to me, it'd have cost another #20...

$300 sounds hellishly expensive!

Peter Street
Web Developer / Manager
LazerFX Productions