[geeks] Booze and Religion and DIETS (four letter word)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Mar 10 22:50:39 CST 2002

Andrew Weiss wrote:

> Diets are like lame PC overclockers fooling around inside Sparc 20's
> trying to make them run Windows.  They pull a wire here break a
> connector there and in the end nothing works right, but they can stick a
> Windows logo on the outside of the box.  I still think a quote from Dr.
> McCoy in ST IV is appropriate here..."What is this the dark ages?"

What?  Not sure I follow your line of reasoning...

The word "diet" has certainly been bastardized by modern culture.
"Diet" is a term that should mean "what this person eats on a normal
daily basis, as a point of living".  Instead it seems to mean "what this
person has decided to try this week in order to lose weight".

At any rate - my "diet" has changed for the rest of my life.  I intend
to follow the low-carb lifestyle (as Atkins calls it) until I die.

Kurt