[geeks] CD-RW on a VMS system

William S. wilby98 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 02:44:20 CST 2002

I am looking down the road a bit on whether it
might be feasible to add a CD-RW to my VMS
system. My first question is if it will work
with my present hardware:

In cluster, VAXstation 3100, VAXstation 2000 (will probably not
be clustered, but be a dedicated disk formatter),
MicroVAX 3100-30, MicroVAX II.

... and software:

VMS 5.5-2 (will hopefully upgrade to latest version
when get CD-ROM such as 'Toshiba  XM-6401B'.)

So if I add a 'Plextor PlexWriter (SCSI) and use:

CDRECORD
LD062

... will I have a way to backup data onto CD-R's?
How about 'performance'? I am thinking it will be
slow, but how slow?

--
Bill
Amsterdam, NL