[geeks] Sun files suit against Microsoft

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Mar 9 14:35:26 CST 2002

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 09:23:49AM -0800, Tyler Hardison wrote:
> On Saturday 09 March 2002 08:44, you wrote:
> >   Happy, perhaps...but unreadable, unmaintainable, and slower than
> > pissing tar. ;)
> Unreadable? Unmaintainable? Slow?  What Perl are you using? But then again in
> Perl you *can* make it as unreadable as you want, but only evil programmers
> do that.

No, inexperienced programmers do it too.  It's much easier to write 'orrid
code in perl than in several other languages.  But yeah, whoever you quoted
is still wrong :-)

>           As far as speed, I cant atest to that since I dont write Java. But
> inserting 4000 records an hour into Postgres isnt something to blikn at
> either.

That's only just over one per second - not great at all.  But IME, both
Postgres and perl can do much better than that.  It seems that the pg
drivers for perl suck.

Oh GOOD sigmonster!

  "Dave, being Evil is no excuse for indenting like a moonshine-crazed lemur"
        -- Aaron Trevena