[geeks] Booze and Religion

Dave Kimmel criscokid at v-wave.com
Sat Mar 9 11:11:37 CST 2002

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Right now I'm losing weight by cutting down from a six-pack of cokes a day
> to one or two "zero calorie" (which actually have JUST UNDER one calorie..
> marketing purposes) soft drinks a day.

This will help quite a lot.  One day I completely cut pop out of my diet -
this was due to stomach problems[1], not weight problems.  A few months
later, some of my co-workers started commenting that it looks like I'm
losing weight.

This from giving up just one 591mL bottle of Jolt (replaced with a coffee)
and one 591mL bottle of Coke per day (replaced with a 1L water bottle that
gets replenished 2-3 times a day).  No added excercise, no other changes
in diet, nothing.  I've started having coke once in a while though, but
not regularly.

[1] When you have a Jolt in the morning, then get a coffee afterwards
    because the coffee acts as an antacid, you know something's wrong.

-- Dave Kimmel
   criscokid at v-wave.com