[geeks] OW.

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Mar 9 03:00:41 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 07:53:17PM -0500, bill pointon wrote:
> i am reading and responding late as usual but we seem to have a
> misunderstanding of the term wine as often used in the bible --as they
> lived in a desert region the availability of water was limited so they
> used wine often to drink - but in this case it meant unfermented fruit
> juice ---- wine coming from the same root word as vine - meaning fruit
> of the vine -- billp

I have never heard that before.  Any references?

In any case, the middle east was *not*, AIUI, a desert during biblical
times, but was made a desert by the usual combination of overgrazing,
chopping down trees for firewood etc etc.

--
Grand Inquisitor Reverend David Cantrell | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david