[geeks] Booze and Religion

Jeff Borisch jborisch at columbus.rr.com
Fri Mar 8 22:30:19 CST 2002

Kurt Huhn wrote:
> My fav quote from Dale Earnhardt (RIP)
> "By the time his tuna salad and veggies is already worn out, my steak
> and potatos are just kicking in - now who's gonna go the distance?"

One might consider this quote being a little defensive, why bring it up at
all? Race results should speak for themselves right? But I don't know the
context of this quote.

> I find it funny that when poked at, at vegetarian will get defensive and
> hostile.  When a steak-eater gets poked at, they say "yeah, so...".

True, it can go both ways. You are from ohio too so i think you will
identify with this. You can silently and politely choose not to eat meat at
the holidays and some people want to make a scene out of it. Like it's ok to
not like cranberry sauce but if you don't like to eat turkey you are a
freak. Someone will notice it and make a big deal about it. Is this not just
as bad? Some people get bothered if I order a meatless meal at a place that
specializes in meat dishes. This is their problem not mine. All I'm doing is
eating how I feel like eating at the time. I guess they think I'm thinking
badly of them for eating meat, which i'm not. I still enjoy meat sometimes,
even red meat. I just don't care to eat it that often. I think it makes some
people proactively defensive because they *expect* me to come out with an
anti-meat tirade.

> Just an observation.

same here.