[geeks] For Dave M - Fscking Suits

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Mar 7 22:12:39 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 11:09:31PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Unfortunately, my job is transitioning us from dual processor Octane2
> > to P4/WIN2K because "It's the Right Thing To Do" since SGI is so
> > clearly going out of business (the sarcasm is mine).
>
> Run, don't walk, to you car with that Ocatne2 - and mail it to me.  Tell
> your boss that it's worthless, because SGI is clearly going out of business,
> and take a second one for yourself...
>
> That P4 machine better havesome serious rocks, or it ain't gonna measure up.
> Wait, I don't think it's gonna measure up - no matter how big it's balls
> are.

If you are told your new machine is going to be a 2.2ghz dual processor intel
machine, does that mean you are getting xeons?  Because that is what I'm being
told I might be working on this summer.  Not crazy about it, but then, a
little optimization should make the stuff run decently on almost any reasonably
recent machine, as long as it has an awe inspiring video card.

--
Joshua D. Boyd