[geeks] For Dave M - Fscking Suits

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Wed Mar 6 16:46:57 CST 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Hmm.  I won't work for suits.  It seems I'm actually willing to screw
> myself financially before I'd work for suits.  I dunno if it's a good
> thing or not, but the upside is...I don't have to put up with suits.

I didn't, and wouldn't, for the longest time. Even after I was married.
But then Leah got pregnant, and i discovered the importance of a regular
paycheck. At this point i wouldn't be screwing myself, but a six- and
three-year old who deserve regular meals if i can provide them. if it
means working for suits for the time being, so be it. The suits at my
company are no better or worse than anywhere else, and it really seems
they understand the importance of the geeks. I 	was impressed with how
accommodating they were when I made some requests that were in direct
contradiction to stated policy.

When I can, I'll get the suits out of my life. You can count on that.
But in the meantime, I'll have to put up with them. Principle don't buy groceries.

---sambo