[geeks] Is it me, or is this group awfully cheap?

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Mar 4 11:45:27 CST 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:
> >  Fucking suits.
>
>   Well, the less money they spend on equipment, the more money they
> can steal from the company.  After all, that's why they're there.

Yeah. Once upon a time, you could have an expectation of working for a
shit wage while in school, or working your way up, but at least you got to
work with great computers or cutting-edge technology at your company. Not
anymore, sadly.

Heck, I had a faster dual-processor machine when I saw the first one on
the Manufacturing floor.