[geeks] Is it me, or is this group awfully cheap?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Mar 4 10:01:57 CST 2002

On March 4, nick at snowman.net wrote:
> I don't know, I diferentiate between "Frugal" and "Cheap".  To me
> "Frugal" means cutting corners where you really can't afford the more
> expensive item, and the job will be done by the item you can
> afford.  "Cheap" to me means "No we won't buy you a local backup
> loader.  How about a dds-1 drive for each customer system?".

  Ahh, ok...I tend to equate the two.  I'm reminded of the guy I saw
on an old TV show...he built a contraption with a crank and some
spools to separate a roll of two-ply toilet paper into two rolls.
This is a guy whose hand I would *not* shake if we were to meet. :)

>  Fucking suits.

  Well, the less money they spend on equipment, the more money they
can steal from the company.  After all, that's why they're there.

   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire