Kyocera cutlery (was [geeks] Be)

Jennifer Sharp jensharp at psychoses.org
Sat Jun 29 17:37:28 CDT 2002

>The secret is to marinate the chicken in BBQ sauce for at least two
hours -
>overnight if you can do it.  Then put them right onto a roaring hot
grill for a
>couple minutes each side to sear them and seal the juices in.  Spoon
(not
>brush) a generous layer of sauce on.  Then turn down the flame (or
knock down
>the coals) and just leave it alone until the flame-facing side is
done, then
>flip and spoon on more sauce, and leave it alone till done.  The less
movement,
>the better.  As far as 'done' goes, use your better judgement.  Most
days, for
>bone-in chicken it will take about 5-10 minutes per side.

Same with cooking steak.

I have yet to teach James how to grill stuff. My father-in-law knows
not this practice either. When James cooks it it's underdone, when Jim
cooks it it's burnt. :P  Of course they ARE using charcoal, which is
more difficult to control. I need to get my dad and his big honkin gas
grill up here to teach these boys the manly art of outside cooking.  I
mean, it truly is summer when you are sitting out in the back with a
big ol' juicy burger grilled over mesquite and a huge glass of iced
tea dripping from condensation and a plate of potato salad and baked
beans balanced on your knees.

Jennifer Sharp

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Pregnant Woman."  -- James Sharp