[geeks] Be

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sat Jun 29 01:48:01 CDT 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Kyle Webb wrote:

> I recently got the 6035. I like it. (did you get in on the sale and rebate
> deal that Sprint had on them? Effective cost, $30).

No, I got in on the Verizon deal where it was $249 with $150 rebate.
Effective cost $99.  I'd feel bad about not getting as good a deal as
you except I'm glad to be rid of sprint.  I had Sprint before and
Verizon is SUCH a better service.  Better coverage areas, and their
signals penetrate buildings better.  My buddy's basement allowed me
ZERO signal when I used Sprint, but I routinely get 3 or 4 bars of
signal on the Kyocera with Verizon.  Much happier.

> Consolidates three
> things I had hanging on my belt (Palm, cell, text pager).

Consolidated two for me.  I really like it.  I use the palm more now
than I did before I consolidated.

> I don't see me
> getting the 7135 anytime soon, tho. The faster data speed would be nice
> (assuming they upgrade the ground stations here soon), but it's still a
> dragonball and it just doesn't have the horses for one of the main things
> I'd want to be able to do from it. SSH2. I can do SSH1 from the current
> one. When they bring out one with 3G speed, palmOS 5 and an ARM processor,
> then I'll look at spending the bucks for it. The color screen and the MP3
> player and such are almost enough to get me to go for it, but not quite.
> My one peeve with the 6035 is that you can't use a plug in keyboard while
> connected for a data call.

Yeah, I probably won't end up getting the 7135 any time real soon, but
it is drool-worthy for me.

--Kurt